Breath is the measure of life, learn to use it well.
The Benefits of Longevity Breathing:
- Increases breathing capacity
- Relaxes the nervous system
- Improves mental concentration and physical stamina
- Calms the emotions
- Massages, cleanses and strengthens the internal organs
- Releases open the spine
Healthy breathing is the foundation of a healthy life. The Daoists consider any breath less than 20 seconds in length (10 seconds inhale and 10 seconds exhale) to be stunted and detrimental to health.
“The strength or weakness of the breath is a major factor in determining the mind’s clarity and the body’s health and vitality.”
B.K. Frantzis, Relaxing Into Your Being, p.38.
On this course you will learn how to:
- maintain the method of circular breathing in daily life, even in difficult circumstances when you need it the most
- considerably increase the length of your breath without straining your system
- smooth out the irregularities in your breathing
- massage your internal organs with your breath
- relax and release your nervous system
- perceive the relationship between what your breath is doing and your emotional state
Daoist Longevity Breathing is especially useful to those with:
- cardio-pulmonary problems
- asthma and other breathing problems
- high levels of stress or anxiety
- chronic pain
- poor sleep
Breathing methods, from the simple to the complex, constitute, one of the sixteen components of the complete Daoist neigong system.
No prior experience is needed for this course.
Frantzis, B.K., Relaxing Into Your Being (Berkeley: North Atlantic Books, 2002). ISBN: 1556434073
Frantzis, B.K., Chapter 5 ‘Breath & Chi’ of Opening the Energy Gates of Your Body, 2nd edition (Berkeley: Blue Snake Books, 2006). ISBN 1-58394-146-0.
Frantzis, B.K., Tao of Letting Go: Meditation for Modern Living (Berkeley: North Atlantic Books, 2009). ISBN: 978-1-55643-808-0