Our Qigong set
Dragon and Tiger is a 1500 year old traditional Chinese medical Qigong system consisting of seven movements that are performed as a sequence. As it does not require precise body alignments, Dragon & Tiger is relatively easy to learn.
The Benefits of Dragon & Tiger Qigong
- It quickly gives you a recognizable feeling of qi in your body.
- It increases your energy levels and vitality
- It opens and clears the majority of your body’s energy meridians.
- It increases your defence against invasion from viruses, the elements and negative qi.
You will learn
- to feel and work with the qi in your aura and acupuncture meridian lines
- to project qi from your hands for healing and/or physical power
- to stretch and move your joints, release tension, stress and pain
- to release stagnant qi from, and then draw fresh energy from the environment back into your system
- to stimulate the protective layer of qi on the body’s surface
- To pull and push qi
In China, Dragon & Tiger is known for its powerful preventative and healing effects for cancer, and for mitigating the effects of radiation and chemotherapy. More generally it protects against and speeds up the recovery time from many illnesses.
Techniques from this highly effective qigong system have been applied in Qigong Tui Na bodywork for centuries in China to heal others energetically by clearing blockages in the energy aura.
For those in the medical and healing professions Dragon & Tiger is an excellent way to understand how medical qigong works, and it is especially beneficial to their own health because of its protective and clearing effects.
Ideal for any age or fitness level, B.K.Frantzis recommends Dragon & Tiger (along with ‘Tai Chi Fundementals‘) as the best introduction to his system.
Why this Qigong?
The most complete qigong systems have hundreds of movements that take over an hour to perform (this is one of the differences with neigong, which focuses on few movements with a great deal of content). Dragon & Tiger will give you the vast majority of the health benefits of the best qigong systems in a much simpler and shorter format.
“Of the hundreds of qigong systems, which I have personally studied or researched, in my opinion Dragon & Tiger is the easiest complete system to rapidly learn and gain great benefit from. Even when done imperfectly and by people who have limited range of motion or are wheelchair bound, the exercise is immensely beneficial.” (B.K.Frantzis, Dragon & Tiger Instructor’s Manual, 2003. p.ii).
Frantzis, B.K., Dragon and Tiger Medical Qigong: Develop Health and Energy in Seven Simple Movements (Berkeley: North Atlantic Books, 2010).
Frantzis, B.K., Dragon and Tiger Medical Qigong Volume 2: Qi Cultivation Principles and Exercises (Berkeley: North Atlantic Books, 2014).
Image copyright ©Matthew Brewer, 2019